125 years of friendship
Thanks to initiatives by the Friends, you can admire not only masterpieces of art from the Southern and Northern Netherlands, including the world-famous panels by Hieronymus Bosch, works by Rubens, Van Dyck, Jordaens or Hals, but also foreign masters, such as Géricault, De Champaigne, Hogarth, Magnasco and many others.
The Friends' efforts also contributed to the creation of the museum
building in Citadel Park and, most recently, to the redesign of the
museum interior and the expansion of the new Print Room.
Special celebratory offer
In recognition of the support the museum receives, members of the Friends receive a variety of benefits for a year.
To celebrate their 125th anniversary, the Friends of the MSK are now also offering an additional reward for new members. If you join now, you'll receive all the Friends' benefits for the remainder of this year and all through to the end of 2023!
- free admission to the complete collection and exhibitions of the MSK
- free admission to the permanent collection of the Groeninge Museum Bruges, the M-Museum Leuven, the Mu.ZEE Ostend (with the exception of the Ensor and Spilliaert Museum Wing) and the Permekemuseum in Jabbeke;
- admission at reduced price at SMAK
- personal invitation to the opening of each exhibition in the MSK
- discount for lectures, walking tours and other events
- possibility to participate in exclusive excursions and art trips at home and abroad
- 10% discount on publications in the museum shop
- Participation in the annual general meeting
- a subscription to the Museum Newspaper (in Dutch)
All the above benefits plus:
- mention in the Museum Newspaper
- invitation to the VIP-openings of exhibitions
- you are nominated by the Board of Directors as an effective, voting member of the General Assembly
Become a Friend
Please provide us with your details below and choose a type of membership. You will then receive a personal mail with the payment details and further practical information.
Board of Directors
Willy Van der Gucht - chairman
Benjamin Biebuyck - vice-chairman
Pieter Lippens - treasurer
Hilde Lochs - secretary
Eric De Jaeger