The Museum of Fine Arts is open. Everyone is welcome, but please book online and in advance for a fixed time slot. This helps us to manage the number of people in the museum. A leisurely visit to all the galleries takes about 2 hours. Take this into account when choosing your time slot.
Still hesitating? The MSK is a safe place where you can escape reality and enjoy the beauty of our collection. Discover the unique building and marvel at 600 years of art, from Bosch to Magritte. Together with neighbours S.M.A.K. and Sint-Pietersabdij, and with the parc on our doorstep, we invite you to the Ghent Museum Quarter for an original cultural excursion!
What can you experience at the museum?
In the completely renewed presentation, we showcase our collection in all its diversity, spread over no less than 40 galleries. Visitors will discover new themes, monographic rooms and dozens of never-before-exhibited works in a route that promises to excite and surprise.
MSK has developed a route through the museum especially for visitors with children. Go in search of the little poems and texts for children that can be found in various galleries, look at the works of art in a different way and make your museum visit an experience for young and old! Until 11 September, Gallery E is also home to the mini-exhibition 'Young at heart!', which focuses on children and families. We invite you to let your creativity run wild!
What measures apply?
- Use of the cloakroom is compulsory. Coats and bags larger than 25x30x15cm are not allowed in the rooms.
- A mouth mask is mandatory.
- For the time being, no plans, leaflets, audio guides or other materials will be handed out.
- There is a fixed route in the permanent collection.
- We will be offering complimentary hand sanitiser in several locations. Feel free to use this.
- We ask you to make cashless payments as much as possible.
- The museum brasserie Mub'art is open. Learn more
This is how you prepare your visit:
- Book your ticket online or contact +32 (0)9 210 10 75 to book by phone.
- Make sure you have a face mask with you or buy one in the shop.
- Avoid large backpacks, trolleys... where possible.
Who can access the museum?
- The museum is open to everyone.
- The museum has 3 wheelchairs available. These are disinfected before and after each use. Please contact email@example.com to reserve a wheelchair.
- Pushchairs are welcome in the museum.
- Lifts are reserved for visitors who are less mobile and for families with a pushchair.
- There are no benches in the museum rooms. You can request a folding chair at the start of your visit. These are disinfected before and after each use.
Remember the 7 golden rules:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Limit your physical contacts.
- Wear a face mask on public transport and in public places.
- Use a new paper tissue each time and dispose of it in a closed garbage can.
- No tissue? Cough or sneeze into your elbow.