The Museum of Fine Arts is open. Everyone is welcome, but please book online and in advance. This is to help us manage the number of people in the museum, limit queuing and reduce contact. You can find all the information needed to prepare your visit below. Please note: wearing a mouth mask is mandatory for every visitor over 12 years of age. You can bring your own mask, or buy a James Ensor mask in the shop for 10 euros.
Still hesitating? The MSK is a safe place where you can escape reality and enjoy the beauty of our collection. Discover the unique building and marvel at 600 years of art, from Bosch to Magritte. Together with neighbours S.M.A.K. and Sint-Pietersabdij we invite you to the Ghent Museum Quarter, for an excursion close to home!
What can you experience at the museum?
15 galleries of our permanent collection are now open to the public. In addition, the collection presentation Gustave Van de Woestyne, included in a ticket for the permanent collection, will run until 24 January.
In celebration of the reopening you can download a treasure hunt for children throughout the permanent collection. We're currently not allowed to hand out paperwork, so please print the assignments at home and come to the museum together to look for Fly's name! Find out all about the family game here.
Finally, we developed a new digital guide to the permanent collection and the temporary presentations. Download the Heritage App and search for MSK Tour to get access to text, photograph, audio fragments and stories surrounding the collection.
What measures apply?
- Use of the cloakroom is compulsory. Bags larger than 25x30x15cm are not allowed in the rooms.
- A mouth mask is mandatory.
- For the time being, no plans, leaflets, audio guides or other materials will be handed out.
- There is a fixed route in the permanent collection. Download the floor plan here.
- We will be offering complimentary hand sanitiser in several locations. Feel free to use this.
- We ask you to make cashless payments as much as possible.
- The museum brasserie Mub'art is open. Learn more
This is how you prepare your visit:
- Book your ticket online or contact +32 (0)9 210 10 75 to book by phone.
- Make sure you have a face mask with you or buy one in the shop.
- Avoid large backpacks, trolleys... where possible.
- Download the floor plan.
Who can access the museum?
- The museum is open to everyone.
- The museum has 3 wheelchairs available. These are disinfected before and after each use. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a wheelchair.
- Pushchairs are welcome in the museum.
- Lifts are reserved for visitors who are less mobile and for families with a pushchair.
- There are no benches in the museum rooms. You can request a folding chair at the start of your visit. These are disinfected before and after each use.
Remember the 7 golden rules:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Limit your physical contacts.
- Wear a face mask on public transport and in public places.
- Use a new paper tissue each time and dispose of it in a closed garbage can.
- No tissue? Cough or sneeze into your elbow.