The Museum of Fine Arts is open. Enjoy the beauty of our unique building and marvel at 600 years of art, from Bosch to Magritte. Together with neighbours S.M.A.K. and Sint-Pietersabdij, and with the parc on our doorstep, we invite you to the Ghent Museum Quarter for an original cultural excursion! A leisurely visit to all the galleries takes about 2 hours. Take this into account when choosing your time slot.
What can you experience at the museum?
In the completely renewed presentation, we showcase our collection in all its diversity, spread over no less than 40 galleries. Visitors will discover new themes, monographic rooms and dozens of never-before-exhibited works in a route that promises to excite and surprise. Until 11 September, Gallery E is also home to the mini-exhibition 'Young at heart!', which invites you to let your creativity run wild!
From 1 July, groups can again schedule a guided visit at 10, 11 am and 2 or 3 pm using the online booking form. MSK has also developed a familiy route through the museum especially for visitors with children.
What measures apply?
- Use of the cloakroom is compulsory. Coats and bags larger than 25x30x15cm are not allowed in the rooms.
- A mouth mask is mandatory.
- There is a fixed route in the permanent collection.
- We will be offering complimentary hand sanitiser in several locations. Feel free to use this.
- We ask you to make cashless payments as much as possible.
This is how you prepare your visit:
- Book your ticket online or contact +32 (0)9 210 10 75 to book by phone.
- Groups can schedule a visit using the online booking form. Group visits are possible again from 1 July.
- Make sure you have a face mask with you or buy one in the shop.
- Avoid large backpacks, trolleys... where possible.
- Download the floor plan or be even better prepared with the downloaded gallery texts.
Who can access the museum?
- The museum is open to everyone.
- The museum has 3 wheelchairs available. These are disinfected before and after each use. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a wheelchair.
- Pushchairs are welcome in the museum.
- Lifts are reserved for visitors who are less mobile and for families with a pushchair.
Remember the 7 golden rules:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Limit your physical contacts.
- Wear a face mask on public transport and in public places.
- Use a new paper tissue each time and dispose of it in a closed garbage can.
- No tissue? Cough or sneeze into your elbow.