The Museum of Fine Arts is reopening on May 19th. Like all Ghent museums, we will be working with timed reservations. This way you can be sure of your visit and we can limit the number of people in the galleries. Buy your ticket online. You can find all the information needed to prepare your visit below.
Still hesitating? The MSK is a safe place where you can escape reality and enjoy the beauty of our collection. Discover the unique building and marvel at 600 years of art, from Bosch to Magritte. Together with neighbours S.M.A.K. and Sint-Pietersabdij we invite you to the Ghent "Museumkwartier", for an excursion close to home!
What can you experience at the museum?
After the hustle and bustle of the Jan van Eyck exhibition, 15 galleries of our permanent collection will reopen to the public. Everyone will also enjoy a temporarily reduced rate.
In celebration of the reopening you can download a treasure hunt for children throughout the permanent collection. We are currently not allowed to hand out paperwork, so please print the assignments at home and come to the museum together to look for Fly's name! Find out all about the family game here.
What measures apply?
- In order to guarantee a safe and comfortable visit, a maximum of 160 people will be admitted to the museum at the same time. A limited number of visitors will also be allowed in the rooms at the same time.
- Use of the cloakroom is compulsory. Bags larger than 25x30x15cm are not allowed in the rooms.
- For the time being, no plans, leaflets, audio guides or other materials will be handed out.
- There is a fixed route in the permanent collection. Download the floor plan here.
- We will be offering complimentary hand sanitiser in several locations. Feel free to use this.
- It is not possible to visit the museum with a guide or as a group. Carers of visitors with disabilities are of course welcome.
- We ask you to make cashless payments as much as possible.
- The museum brasserie Mub'art will remain closed until further notice.
This is how you prepare your visit:
- Book your ticket online. If that isn't possible for you, please contact +32 (0)9 210 10 75.
- Arrive at the museum no more than 10 minutes before the start of your time slot. See accessibility for more information.
- A face mask is not mandatory, but recommended. An MSK mask will be available in our shop for 10 euro soon.
- Avoid large backpacks, trolleys... where possible.
- Download the floor plan.
Who can access the museum?
- The museum is open to everyone.
- The museum has 3 wheelchairs available. These are disinfected before and after each use. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a wheelchair.
- Pushchairs are welcome in the museum.
- Lifts are reserved for visitors who are less mobile and for families with a pushchair.
- There are no benches in the museum rooms. You can request a folding chair at the start of your visit. These are disinfected before and after each use.
Remember the 7 golden rules:
- Stay at home if you feel unwell.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water.
- Keep at least 1.5 metres away from other people.
- Limit your physical contacts.
- Wear a face mask on public transport and in public places.
- Use a new paper tissue each time and dispose of it in a closed garbage can.
- No tissue? Cough or sneeze into your elbow.